|
Mainburg is deep in http://www.bridalstores2013.com/Cocktail-Dresses.html - plus size cocktail dresses ?Southern Bavaria http://www.bridalstores2013.com/White-Wedding-Dresses.html - black and white wedding dresses , about a 5 hour train ride from Berlin.
Dr. Christoph van Horst is a certified?veterinarian and the founder of .
When I met Christoph he first took me on a tour of his workshop, accompanied by his friend Dottie the sheep, who loves to follow him wherever he goes http://www.weddingdressescan.net/bridesmaid-dresses.html - bridesmaid dresses under 100 . (He assured me she would never become a plastinate.) As he went through the various steps in the creation of a plastinate – in this case, a fish – he described his background in veterinary medicine (which he still practices today) http://www.cropdresses.com/ - military ball gowns , his love of nature, and his ardent fascination with anatomy. He conveyed a deep-felt sense of awe at the inspiring complexity of all living things and how making plastinates was his method of being able to convey this complexity – and perhaps awe – in a visual and compelling way.
On the second day of filming http://www.raildresses.com/bridesmaid-dresses.html - wedding bridesmaid dresses , what I had thought was the flu turned out to be something much worse: a 50% drop in my red blood cell count caused by slow internal bleeding from the esophagus (a long story and a condition that is now corrected). I almost fainted on the spot. With his medical training http://www.cropdresses.com/COCKTAIL-PARTY-DRESSES.html - dresses cocktail party , Christoph sprang into action and called his next-door neighbor http://www.thusdress.com/prom-dresses.html - prom dresses , who just happened to be the town's paramedic.
? ?????
http://www.cropdresses.com/A-Line-Halter-Stretch-Satin-Prom-DRESS26091-beauty.html">
Plastinates are, as Christoph described to me, " http://www.weddingdressescan.net/bridesmaid-dresses.html - cheap bridesmaid dresses ;linked to death, but they give insight to life."?Simply put, they are instructional art/science pieces, meditations on mortality, and visual tributes to the beauty of life in all its myriad forms.
At the time I was feeling quite sick from what I thought was the flu, and initially I didn't really feel up to making the trip. But when I learned what are http://www.bridalstores2013.com/Homecoming-Dresses.html - plus size homecoming dresses ?– thin translucent cross-sections of preserved animals, lovingly crafted and embedded in lucite for medical research use, anatomical instruction http://www.pretdress.com/Wedding-Shoes.html - silver wedding shoes , and as art?pieces – I was fascinated. I agreed to take on the project.
Adam Cohen is a New York City-born film/videomaker whose work has been exhibited in festivals, galleries, and museums around the world. You can find out what he's currently working on at?.
http://www.speeddress.org/2013-newest-pretty-straps-children-skirt-flower-girl-dresses-Free-Shipping-092912B191-beauty.html">
I got the call from?dress http://www.raildresses.com/evening-dresses.html - plus size evening dresses ?in early winter, just a month after my big move from my hometown of New York City to Berlin: http://www.bridalstores2013.com/Wedding-Dresses.html - vintage wedding dresses ?" http://www.cropdresses.com/CELEBRITY-DRESSES.html - dress up celebrities ;Can you make a piece about an dress craftsman who lives and works in Mainburg, Germany http://www.cropdresses.com/COCKTAIL-PARTY-DRESSES.html - black cocktail dress ?"
"His name is and he makes plastinates http://www.cropdresses.com/ - short prom dresses ."
http://www.pretdress.com/SLD74026-beauty.html">
Loaded up on antibiotics and lots of homemade tea, I ?was able to complete the shoot. Despite my illness, as well as the cold and the rain, I'm glad I went.
|